WELCOME TO STUDENTSHEART.COM, NOW WE HAVE STARTED NEW INITIATIVE TO HELP OUR VISITORS TO GET DAY BY DAY CURRENT AFFAIRS, YOUR BEST SOURCE FOR UP-TO-DATE AND DAILY TOP CURRENT AFFAIRS 2020 FOR PREPARATION OF CSS, PMS, BANKING, NTS, RAILWAYS AND ALL COMPETITIVE EXAMS. “DAY TO DAY CURRENT AFFAIRS” BASICALLY IS TOP 10 NEWS SUMMARY ON CURRENT HAPPENINGS OF NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL IMPORTANCE FOR ALL EXAMINATIONS
- 1 February 05, 2020: National / International Current Affairs
- 1.1 1. Kashmir Solidarity Day to be observed today
- 1.2 2. Drug, cosmetics act approved
- 1.3 3. President opens Fazaia Ruth Pfau Medical College
- 1.4 4. Tehran proposes five-nation bloc to tackle regional issues
- 1.5 5. Arrest warrant issued for former S. African president Zuma
- 1.6 6. Electric future: Britain to ban new petrol and hybrid cars from 2035
- 1.7 7. Sri Lanka drops national anthem`s Tamil version at Independence Day event
- 1.8 8. WHO sees 81pc jump in cancer cases for poorer countries
- 1.9 9. Pakistan bag 9 Medals at Al-Fajeera Taekwondo Championship
- 1.10 10. India rout Pakistan to reach U-19 World Cup final
February 05, 2020: National / International Current Affairs
1. Kashmir Solidarity Day to be observed today
• The Kashmir Solidarity Day will be observed on February 5, 2020 to express wholehearted support of the Pakistani nation to the just struggle of Kashmiri people for their inalienable right to self determination under United Nations resolutions.
• It will be a public holiday and preparations are in full swing to observe the day to highlight the plight of the oppressed Kashmiri people and remind the world community of its obligations towards the resolution of the longstanding dispute.
• This time the day is being observed after India revoked the special status of held Kashmir in August last year in breach of all international laws, and since then the entire population of the occupied territory has been under a lockdown
2. Drug, cosmetics act approved
• The Punjab government on February 4, 2020 decided to take action against those involved in business of fake cosmetics and the cabinet also gave approval to The Punjab Drug and Cosmetics Amendment Act 2019.
• Speaking at the meeting, Chief Minister Usman Buzdar said the cabinet had approved the act to ensure production of cosmetics according to international standards.
• The purpose of licensing of cosmetics sale points was to ensure the provision of genuine products through the original supply chain
3. President opens Fazaia Ruth Pfau Medical College
• President Dr Arif Alvi inaugurated the newly-constructed Fazaia Ruth Pfau Medical College in Karachi.
• President Alvi appreciated the efforts of the team members in completing this project in record time, as per standards of the Pakistan Medical Council.
• Pakistan Air Force was significantly contributing towards nation building, particularly in the fields of healthcare and education.
4. Tehran proposes five-nation bloc to tackle regional issues
• Iranian Ambassador to Pakistan Seyyed Mohammad Ali Hosseini on February 4, 2020 proposed a new bloc comprising Russia, China and Turkey in addition to Pakistan and Iran for addressing regional issues and promoting cooperation among themselves.
• Mr Hosseini was delivering a lecture at the Islamabad Strategic Studies Institute (ISSI) in connection with the 41st anniversary of the Islamic Revolution in Iran and upcoming 72nd anniversary of the establishment of bilateral ties between Pakistan and Iran.
• `Countries like Iran, Pakistan, Turkey, Russia and China have the potential to form a new alliance for better future of the region,` the envoy said
5. Arrest warrant issued for former S. African president Zuma
• A South African court on February 4, 2020 issued an arrest warrant for embattled former president Jacob Zuma after he failed to appear for a pretrial hearing over corruption charges related to a 1990s arms deal.
• But the court said that execution of the warrant will be deferred until May 6 when the case is due to resume.
• Zuma`s lawyers said he was not able to attend the pre-trial hearing on Tuesday because he was ill and receiving treatment abroad, in the latest twist in a case that has seen numerous legal turns over a decade and a half.
• The High Court in the southeastern city of Pietermaritzburg issued the warrant after it questioned the authenticity of the sick note said to have been signed by a military doctor
6. Electric future: Britain to ban new petrol and hybrid cars from 2035
• Britain will ban the sale of new petrol, diesel and hybrid cars from 2035, five years earlier than planned, in an attempt to reduce air pollution that could herald the end of over a century of reliance on the internal combustion engine.
• Prime Minister Boris Johnson is seeking to use the announcement to elevate the United Kingdom`s environmental credentials after he sacked the head of a Glasgow UN Climate Change Conference planned for November known as COP26.
• `We have to deal with our CO2 emissions, and that is why the UK is calling for us to get to net zero as soon as possible, to get every country to announce credible targets to get there thats what we want from Glasgow,` Johnson said on Tuesday at a launch event for COP26 at London`s Science Museum, alongside broadcaster and naturalist David Attenborough
7. Sri Lanka drops national anthem`s Tamil version at Independence Day event
• Sri Lanka`s new government declined to sing the national anthem in Tamil, the country`s second national language, during the island`s Independence Day celebrations on February 4, 2020, a departure from the previous government which sang the anthem in the country`s two primary languages to promote ethnic harmony in the aftermath of a decades-long civil war.
• President Gotabaya Rajapakse was elected last year largely with votes of majority Buddhist Sinhalese.
• Minority Tamils overwhelmingly voted against him. Rajapakse was a top defence official in the civil war and played a major role in defeating the rebel Tamil Tigers. Many ethnic Tamil civilians were killed or went missing in the war
8. WHO sees 81pc jump in cancer cases for poorer countries
• The UN health agency on February 4, 2020 warned cancer cases would rise by 81 per cent in low and middle-income countries by 2040 because of a lack of investment in prevention and care.
• The Geneva-based World Health Organisation (WHO) said in a report that these countries had focused their limited resources on combating infectious diseases and improving maternal and child health instead of fighting cancer.
• It said they often had the highest cancer mortality too.
• `This is a wake-up call to all of us to tackle the unacceptable inequalities between cancer services in rich and poor countries,` Ren Minghui, a WHO Assistant Director General, said in the report
9. Pakistan bag 9 Medals at Al-Fajeera Taekwondo Championship
• The Pakistan squad returned home here on February 4, 2020 morning after participating in the Al-Fajeera Open international Taekwondo Championship held in the United Arab Emirates last week.
• Youngest of the players, nine-year-old Ayesha Ayaz, won a gold medal while other overall Pakistani players won five silver and three bronze between them. Ayesha Anwar, Fatima Khawar, Seenan Ashfaq, Muhammad Danish and Muhammad Murtaza Abbas won silver medals and Malaika Nayyab, Anushy Aleem and Abdul Abbas won bronze for Pakistan
10. India rout Pakistan to reach U-19 World Cup final
• A century from Yashasvi Jaiswal enabled defending champions India cruise to a 10-wicket win over neighbours and arch-rivals Pakistan in Potchefstroom on February 4, 2020 to reach the ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup final for the seventh time.
• Jaiswal was the star performer for the winners as he struck an unbeaten 105 off 113 balls, completing his century and sealing the victory in style with a six over deep mid-wicket at Senwes Park.
• India, the record four time winners of the underage competition, dismissed Pakistan for 172 in 43.1 overs before comfortably knocking off the runs with as many as 88 deliveries to spare.
• India will play either New Zealand or Bangladesh, who meet in February 6, 2020`s second semifinal, for the title at the same venue on Sunday.
• Pakistan will contest the third-place play-off in Benoni on February 7, 2020.
- Daily Current Affairs (February 4 2020) MCQs for CSS, PMS
- Daily Current Affairs (February 3 2020) MCQs for CSS, PMS
- Daily Current Affairs (February 2 2020) MCQs for CSS, PMS
- Daily Current Affairs (February 1 2020) MCQs for CSS, PMS
- Daily Current Affairs (January 31 2020) MCQs for CSS, PMS
- Daily Current Affairs (January 30 2020) MCQs for CSS, PMS
- Daily Current Affairs (January 29 2020) MCQs for CSS, PMS
- Daily Current Affairs (January 28 2020) MCQs for CSS, PMS
- Daily Current Affairs (January 27 2020) MCQs for CSS, PMS
- Daily Current Affairs (January 26 2020) MCQs for CSS, PMS
- Daily Current Affairs (January 25 2020) MCQs for CSS, PMS
- Daily Current Affairs (January 24 2020) MCQs for CSS, PMS
- Daily Current Affairs (January 23 2020) MCQs for CSS, PMS