Hey guys! Today in this Blog, I am going to tell you guys that how to make Visitor Counter Using 7 Segment Display and LDR. It is very simple and best project to make, you can count the objects using this project.It can be used to count the objects and also you can make this project in a cheap price you need just some simple electronic components just like 7 Segment Display LDR and Johnson counter IC.
What is Counter?
A digital visitor counter or a Object counter is necessary to count how many people entered into a specific area or a how many items are generated in a firm. The automatic visitor counter is a simple electronic circuit which is totally based on the analog and digital circuit because it has some part analog and some part is digital(7 segment Display) in analog the main part is LDR sensor which is the sensing element for any object. It is a simple and innovative project and it can be applied to science fair project for Electronic and Robotics students.
How does a Visitor Counter using 7 Segment works?
It can simply be done by this circuit, a light reference and a light sensor are used to detect the person and display the count using seven segment display with the help of 4026. The light reference and the light sensor placed in such a way that the visitor will cross the light path when he enters the hall.
Visitor Counter Using 7 Segment Display and LDR Circuit Diagram:
Internal Construction Of IC 4026:
Timing Diagram Of IC 4026:
Circuit Working of Visitor Counter using 7 Segment :
- The light source from the torch is continually hit on the LDR if so the resistance of LDR is too low and the voltage drop across LDR and ground is less than 0.6V then
- The threshold voltage 0.6V can be set by varying the POT 10K
- When a person or an object is passed between the light beams light will not hit on the LDR so the resistance of LDR becomes high.
- We have V=IxR (Voltage = Current X Resistance) i.e., the resistance of LDR is the high voltage across LDR become high.
- If the voltage across Light Depending Resistor exceeds to 0.6V then the transistor will ON and start conducting When the transistor is ON, the potential at point A becomes LOW and when the transistor becomes OFF, the potential at a will be HIGH.
- As soon as the person crosses the light beam a LOW and HIGH voltage transition occurs at the point A.
- Which is given to the Clock of 4026IC, it will start to count with the clock and display on 7- segment display 4026 will increment the count when each person enters the room.
The output of Visitor Counter Project using 7 Segment and LDR:
Importance and Applications of Visitor Counter Circuit Using 7 Segment:
- Automatic Entry Counter Circuits are used to count the items that are manufactured in any industry.
- They are used to find how many people are entered into the specific area (House, Malls, Factory).
- They are used to count how many people leave the specific area and they are able to send this data to the PC with the help of some Micro-Controllers.
Check out more breadboard project:
This is all about Visitor Counter Using 7 Segment Display and LDR. If you like our article then do not forget to share and comment below. If you have built this project give us feedback and share your project picture down below. and if you feel any query about Visitor Counter Using 7 Segment Display and LDR. then comment below.